This City & Guilds course will enable you to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition known as BS7671:2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations.
This course is aimed at those involved with the design, installation or testing of electrical installations in accordance with the 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations.
Key aims of the course are:
• Scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671:2018
• Electrical definitions
• Assessment of general characteristics
• Requirements of protection for electrical safety
• Selection and erection of equipment
• Electrical inspection and testing
• Special installations or locations
• Use of the information within BS7671:2018 appendices
• Assessment includes a two hour online multiple-choice exam
• Energy efficiency
• Protection against fire - installation of arc fault detection devices (AFDDs)
• Protection against transient over voltage
Registered Electrician status.
From this course you can move on to Inspection and Testing qualifications: C&G 2391-52 (Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing).