• Interactive and dynamic sessions which focus on both theory and coaching and mentoring practice.
• Individual tutorials
• Course work assignment and developmental coaching diary with refection on own skills and abilities as a coach
On studying this programme you will:
• Get a critical understanding of the role and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor
• Deepen your understanding of how coaching and mentoring can impact an organisation
• Be able to assess your own skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach and mentor
• Provide evidence of your own development as a coach and mentor through the qualification
• Plan your further development
• Plan, deliver and review coaching and mentoring in your organisation
The course will support you if you are already in or are planning to move into a development role in your organisation or start a career as a freelance coach and mentor.
There are three mandatory units in this qualification, the unit available are:
• 8588-500: Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Coaching and Mentoring within an Organisational Context
• 8588-501: Undertaking Effective Coaching or Mentoring within an Organisational Context
• 8588-502: Understaking an Extended Period of Effective Coaching or Mentoring within an Organisational Context
• 8588-503: Reviewing Own Ability as a Coach or Mentor within an Organisational Context