This course provides a base of skill and knowledge considered as competence level in the construction industry for a site construction general carpenter.
It is ideal for those:
• Already working in construction practice who are aiming to expand and develop knowledge, skills and understanding
• Have completed a level 1 carpentry or construction course and wish to progress
• As an enhancement to an NVQ, or to provide formal qualifications leading to employment in site carpentry
This course aims to help you develop a wide range of practical skills, knowledge and understanding and above all confidence to be more effective at site carpentry operations. You will develop greater understanding of organisations, the wider carpentry industry, and the key work skills and behaviours valued by employers such as communication skills, workmanagement, and collaborative working. You will gain knowledge and skills in the following key areas:
• Health, safety and welfare
• Technical information, quantities and communication
• Construction technology
You will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
• First Fixing Flooring and Roofing
• First Fixing Frames, Partitions and Stairs
• Second Fixing Operations
• Carpentry Maintenance
• Operating and maintaining circular saws
Progression routes include an Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry at Intermediate and/or Advanced Level or employment within the industry.