Giving students the opportunity to develop the skills needed for employment within the sports and fitness industries, this course will give you an understanding of why fitness and nutrition is important and help you assess your own levels. You will also benefit from taking part in the planning and running of a sporting event, undertaking risk assessments to prevent injury and reviewing your leadership skills.
- Safeguarding and protecting young children in Sport and Active Leisure.
- Health, safety and welfare in sport and active leisure
- Participating in Sport
- Injuries in Sport
- Plan, deliver and evaluate sport and leisure activities
- Sport in Society
- Physical Preparation for Sports Performance
- Understanding the Active Leisure and Learning Sector
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Event organisation in a sport and leisure environment
Students will be assessed throughout the course using assignments, tests and practical observations.
Students may have the opportunity to undertake additional short qualifications as part of their course. These are designed to support future careers.
In addition to standard college equipment, students will need appropriate sports clothing for practical activities.
This course is linked to our Sports Teams and represents an exciting opportunity for aspiring sports professionals. Our Sports Teams offer competitive fixtures, professional coaching and the opportunity to develop your skills further.
You can progress onto a Level 3 course, an Advanced Apprenticeship or employment.