Giving students the opportunity to develop the skills needed for employment within the sports and fitness industries, this course will give you an understanding of why fitness and nutrition is important and help you assess your own levels. You will also benefit from taking part in the planning and running of a sporting event, undertaking risk assessments to prevent injury and reviewing your leadership skills.
• Fitness for sport and exercise
• Practical sports performance
• Carrying out a sports-related project
• The mind and sports performance
• The sports performer in action
• Training for personal fitness
• Anatomy and physiology for sport performance
• Designing exercise programmes
• Work experience in sport
• Injury and the sports performer
• Practical water-based outdoor and adventurous activities
Successful students can progress onto a Level 3 in Sports. Alternatively, they may gain employment in the industry
Students may have the opportunity to undertake additional short qualifications as part of their course. These are designed to support future careers.
This course is linked to our Sports Teams and represents an exciting opportunity for aspiring sports professionals. Working with respected organisations, our Sports Teams offer competitive fixtures, professional coaching and the opportunity to develop your skills further.
Students will be assessed throughout the course using assignments, on and offline tests and practical observations.
In addition to standard College equipment, students will need appropriate sports clothing for practical activities.