The Level 3 in Sport and Exercise Science is aimed at learners who want academic experience and who are aspiring to apply to university. This course is more theory-based compared to the Level 3 in Sport (Coaching, Development and Fitness) and is ideal for the student who excels in sciences.
Students have the opportunity to secure 420 UCAS points. Most students progress to university to study a range of subjects e.g. recent graduates have secured places in Physical Education, Sports and Exercise Science, Sports Therapy or Physiotherapy, at Russell Group Universities.
You will study:
• Sport and exercise physiology
• Functional anatomy
• Applied sport and exercise psychology
• Field and laboratory-based fitness testing
• Applied research methods in sport and exercise science
• Coaching for performance and fitness
• Nutrition for sport and exercise performance
• Biomechanics in sport and exercise science
• Specialised fitness training
• Research project in sport and exercise science
• Sports massage
Successful students can progress into higher education or into employment.
Students may have the opportunity to undertake additional short qualifications as part of their course. These are designed to support future careers.
This course is linked to our Sports Teams and represents an exciting opportunity for aspiring sports professionals. Working with respected organisations, our Sports Teams offer competitive fixtures, professional coaching and the opportunity to develop your skills further.
Students will be assessed throughout the course using assignments, tests and practical observations.
In addition to standard College equipment, students will need appropriate sports clothing for practical activities.