Suited to students who would like to gain a qualification whilst continuing to develop their performance levels, this course provides you with the theory-based principles that relate to practical activities. You will gain an understanding of sports coaching, fitness training, be able to analyse sports performance and learn how to organise professional sporting events.
You will study:
• Anatomy and physiology
• Fitness training and programming for health, sport and well-being
• Professional development in the sports Industry
• Sports leadership
• Practical sports performance
• Coaching for performance
• Research methods in sport
• Development and provision of sport physical activity
• Investigating business in sport and the active leisure industry
• Skill acquisition in sport
• Application of fitness testing
• Sports psychology
• Principles and practices for outdoor and adventurous activities
• Sports performance analysis
Successful students can progress into higher education or into employment.
Students may have the opportunity to undertake additional short qualifications as part of their course. These are designed to support future careers.
This course is linked to our Sports Teams and represents an exciting opportunity for aspiring sports professionals. Working with respected organisations, our Sports Teams offer competitive fixtures, professional coaching and the opportunity to develop your skills further.
Students will be assessed throughout the course using assignments, tests, externally marked exams and practical observations.
In addition to standard College equipment, students will need appropriate sports clothing for practical activities.