The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Their core responsibility will be to provide a high quality service to customers which will be delivered from the workplace, digitally, or by going out into the customer’s own locality. These may be one-off or routine contacts and include dealing with orders, payments, offering advice, guidance and support, meet-and-greet, sales, fixing problems, after care, service recovery or gaining insight through measuring customer satisfaction. They may be the first point of contact and work in any sector or organisation type.
The apprentice’s actions will influence the customer experience and their overall satisfaction with the organisation. Demonstrating excellent customer service skills and behaviours, as well as product and/or service knowledge when delivering to customers, the apprentice will provide service in line with the organisation’s customer service standards and strategy and within appropriate regulatory requirements. The customer interactions may cover a wide range of situations and can include; face-to-face, telephone, post, email, text and social media.
By the end of the programme, the apprentice will be aware of:
• customer service principles and practices - including customer experience and feedback, internal and external customers, needs and priorities, targets and goals
• business principles and practices - including brand promise, core values, complaints process, internal policies and legislation and regulatory requirements
• customer service skills - including building rapport and trust, conflict management and influencing and reinforcement techniques
• communications - including interpersonal, tone of voice and verbal and non-verbal communications
• presentation - including dressing appropriately and using positive and confident language
• using customer service tools and resources - including those used to meet customer needs and measure, monitor and evaluate customer service levels